With the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation rapidly evolving we ask that you please forward this important message to your team members.
Entre Technology Services is prepared to help you stay productive and navigate potential business challenges. Please note the following:
Be Aware of COVID-19 Phishing Scams:
The Department of Homeland Security CISA (cyber and infrastructure) warns individuals to remain vigilant for scams related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). CISA encourages individuals to remain vigilant and take the following precautions.
- Avoid clicking on links in unsolicited emails and be wary of email attachments. See Using Caution with Email Attachments and Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Scams for more information.
- Use trusted sources—such as legitimate, government websites—for up-to-date, fact-based information about COVID-19.
- Do not reveal personal or financial information in emails, and do not respond to email solicitations for this information.
- Verify a charity’s authenticity before making donations. Review the Federal Trade Commission’s page on Charity Scams for more information.
- Review CISA Insights on Risk Management for COVID-19 for more information.
- While it’s impossible to predict the long-term impact of COVID-19, it is possible to take steps to help protect yourself against coronavirus-related scams. Read this article: Phishing in the Time of COVID-19: How to Recognize Malicious Coronavirus Phishing Scams, as it lends valid insight along with specific scenarios and examples of emails to watch out for.
What You Can Do To Facilitate Working From Home:
- Entre does have multiple remote access solutions to allow your employees to work from home, whether it is on a company owner computer or the user’s personal device. Please contact Entre to discuss the options that would work best for your business.
- As when you are in the office, if you are working from home you can still contact us for IT support at email@example.com by calling 406-252-4959
- It is always advisable to use your company-issued computer to perform any work or access any company data or resources. Your personal computer may not have the same level of protection as your company computer but if you do need to use your personal computer, we will have a solution for that.
- If you are experiencing internet connectivity problems, please restart your internet equipment (modem, router, wi-fi access points). This will resolve most issues.
- If internet seems slow, sometimes this can be caused by a browser with many tabs opened or a computer that hasn’t been recently rebooted. It’s always a good idea to close and reopen your browser if web browsing seems sluggish or, even better, restart your computer.
A Word About Equipment:
Please note: Because many manufacturing and supply chains are shut down or otherwise disrupted, it may become difficult to procure new computers and other IT equipment in the coming weeks and months. If you have any new hires on the horizon or other IT purchases in mind, give yourself plenty of lead time to order the equipment.